Any issues from a Parent, the parent should use the “Grace Period” time frame. Wait 24 hrs before contacting the coach with your concerns or issues. If not satisfied with the conversation with the coach, the parent then notifies the Club Board.
Complaints received by Delavan Soccer Club members, either verbally or in writing, will be directed to the Soccer Club Board members. The Board members have the authority (based on their discussion) to take the following action, with written detailed documentation:
- Player/Parent/Coach reprimand and warning
- Suspension (for an appropriate probationary period)
- Removal from Delavan Soccer Club
The decision of the Soccer Club Board is a final decision with no further process.
Players and Parents
The Delavan Soccer club encourages open communication for parents and players to express their concerns when presented in a manner that is appropriate and constructive. Please refrain from approaching a coach with a concern when the coach is on the field training his or her team and refrain from raising individual concerns in front of the entire team.
The following procedure should be followed:
- Speak directly with the coach and try to resolve the problems face to face with the coach. This should be done at an appropriate time when there are no other players or parents present, and when the coach is finished with training or coaching.
- Speak directly with a Soccer Board Member. In this correspondence, document the steps that you took previously with the coach and the coach’s response. Also include a solution that you recommend. The Board members will discuss and respond within 5 days of your report.
The Soccer Club Board has the authority to remove a player for:
- Failure to pay required fees
- Miss more than 50% of practices/games
- Display negative behavior that affect other teammates, coaches or refs
NOTE: During games, players and parents are both expected to act in a manner that is appropriate towards all soccer players, refs and coaches from both participating teams. A coach reserves the right to ask you to leave the premises if your actions are not in a positive manner. A ref also reserves the right to cancel a game if a parent, player or coach should be disrespectful to themselves and their decisions.
The Soccer Club Board has the authority to remove a coach for:
- Failure to complete their coaching requirements
- Violating rules, regulations, policies of the club and WYSA/Stateline or being convicted of a crime which evidences lack of moral character.
- Three or more documented complaints (documented through the Board members) in a single season (Fall & Spring)
Player Pledge Form
As an athlete of the Delavan Soccer Club, I pledge to:
- Display positive behavior during practices and games AND take responsibility for my actions
- Represent my community and team to the best of my ability
- Refrain from profanity, racial/ethnic comments, harassment or taunting of teammates, opponents, coaches, officials and fans
- Encourage good sportsmanship towards my teammates, coaches and family members